May 10, 2013

Backtrack Post : Thanksgiving 2012

Thankgiving this year was at my parents house. We alternate the holidays every year between our parent's houses. It was warm again on Thankgiving as Cash wore shorts on Thanksgiving day. We woke up early or should I say I stayed awake as I was still on nights and had to work the night before. I got home around 5am that morning and once the kids were up we were headed to my parents. My favorite thing is to watch the Thanksgiving day parade every year. Its a tradition. We have always watched it while I was growing up. The kids enjoyed it too getting to see all the floats, and of course at the end Santa!! That afternoon my parents took the kids to the park and mom always has a craft for them to make when we are there. This time they made Turkeys!!




 Cash also got a new dog the weekend before Thanksgiving. We were driving through Petsmart parking lot and I saw him and we could not resist! Cash named him Bo.

 As tradition goes we always put up our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving weekend at some point. We have been buying real tress the last couple of years, so we went shopping and let Cash pick out the perfect tree. Cash enjoyed getting to help hang the lights and all the ornaments this year. My mom buys them a new ornament or two or three every year for the tree. This year Palin got Ketchup and a princess one and Cash got his power ranger one since he was one for Halloween.