Mar 31, 2008

Montgomery County Fair and Rodeo and Carnival

Tonight we took Cash to the Montgomery County Fair and Rodeo. I thought that it would be a good family event for us, to take him to see the animals and go the carnival and let him ride some rides and get to eat cotton candy for the first time. Well I was wrong on almost all those thoughts... We started out at the petting zoo where we let Cash out of his stroller so he could run around and see all the animals that were there. They had everything that you could think about, from chickens to lambs to camels! Cash however liked the chickens, which made mom so excited...those who know me know that if Cash likes chickens than mom is happy. Since I raised chickens and won grand champion chickens in high school I can not wait till he is big enough to start showing them.. thats just 7 1/2 years away!!!

Cash is saying, " Hey mom I want to raise some of these!!" My response, " YES!!!"
The camel that they had at the petting zoo was super friendly and let Toby feed it, and pet him. Cash was not so sure about the camel. Cash just wanted to stare at him but did not want to touch him.

So I thought if he was not interested in the animals we would go to the rides... Cash loved riding in his stroller and looking at all the carnival lights that were there, so I knew for sure he would like riding in a lighted up train..well this is where I was wrong.. way wrong. I stood in line so that Cash and I could be the first ones on so that we could sit in the front of the train. There was a little boy behind me in line that wanted to sit the front car but when they opened the gate Cash and I took off and jumped in the car first. I kinda felt bad for this kid since I had purposely tried to beat him to the front, which I had succeeded in. But I thought my kid wants to ride in front too. Cash was not tall enough to ride on this so I had to ride with him too. There was not much room for adults as you can see in the picture. As soon as we got on the ride her started screaming and crying.. they only he would stop was when it round around in a circle and we passed Toby. Then he would go back to crying again. So needless to say after that we were done with the rides. I did not want to make things worse! I still remember to this day when I was little and my dad made me ride on a ride that I was scared to death of. It was at Disney World, and I am still scared from that experience.
Here is a picture of Cash and Dad at the carnival. He was watching all the people and not concerned with looking at me for the camera.
On our way back to the car we had our coke that we had bought in the cup holder on the stoller, Toby went through a hole in the ground and it made the coke dump out all over Cash's head and clothes, he was soaking wet. I took his shirt off to try and dry him and his head since they looked like they had been swimming in coke. Cash was screaming but I finally calmed him down and rode the rest of the way to the car with out a shirt on.. yes, I felt like those people that never have clothes on thier kids.. and Cash could not figure out why he did not have his shirt on.
What a way to end the night. So the Henson's will not be going back to the carnival for a long long time!




No comments:

Post a Comment