Mar 20, 2008

Great Aunt Nellie's Cookies and bubbles

Let me start this entry by telling you a little background about who "Aunt Nellie" is. Her real name is Janell and she is my mom's sister, but to me she has ALWAYS been Aunt Nellie. You see when I was little I could not say her name Janell, so she just became Nellie and its stuck ever since. I do not think that I have ever called her Janell and I still do not to this day. She is Aunt Nellie. You see we have always been close, she even drove all the way to Texas for Cash's baby shower when I was pregnant just to surprise me! The other great thing about her is that she make the my favorite cookies in the world. She makes these soft chewy sugar cookies that are to die for... I have grew up on them and she always sends them in the mail for some of the holidays (I have to do lots of begging for them as they are a pain to make) But here is the good news........ Now Cash can eat them and he loves them! So I am hoping that now since she can make them for me and her great nephew that Cash and I will get them more often... so Aunt Nellie, you can send them ANYTIME!!!

Cash and I came home tonight from work and there was a box on the porch, it was Cash's easter basket from Aunt Nellie and what was inside??? SUGAR COOKIES!! This is Cash's first time to have them since he has teeth and can eat them, so I decided that I had to have his first bite documented with pictures so Aunt Nellie could see how excited he was!!
See Aunt Nellie!! He LOVES THEM!!!!! They were worth the effort of making them!!!!

Cash says how can you say no to this face???? Send more cookies soon!!!


Also included besides the cookies was a box full of goodies for Cash, a ball, a bunny, a dump truck and a super cool battery powered bubble maker!! Its awesome.. Toby and I even had fun playing with it... Cash loved the bubbles.... he would try and dodge them and catch them... he could not figure out what they were... we are going to have many fun times with the bubble gun!
Thanks for all the goodies AUNT NELLIE! Your the best!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment