Jul 9, 2013

4th Weekend in Houston

Friday Toby and I had taken off work and we got up early and headed to Houston to my parents for the weekend. We arrived on Friday for lunch and the kids ate a piece of Pizza and they were in the pool within minutes of getting there. We all swam for the majority of the afternoon. That evening dad had smoked some ribs and pork and we ate dinner.

                                  



 Toby and I had made plans to go out that evening and leave the kids with my parents, we had some errands to run. Before we left my parents and the kids threw me a early birthday celebration with the best Bundt cake in the world. Since they won't see me on my real birthday next week. They had nosie makers that the kids loved blowing! There is a place called, Nothing Bundt Cakes, and they make the best cakes with super thick cake icing on them. It was amazing. They even took time to put 32 candles on it!! 
 Palin couldnt  wait to cut the cake and started eating the icing off of it.
 After all the swimming the kids were pooped or at least Palin was. She falls asleep all the time on my dads lap with him telling her stories. On Saturday mom, Palin and I went shopping. Shopping with Palin is a little crazy. She sees everything that she wants and she says, I buy this for my birthday party.... LOL. She started this because I have bought some things for her party so now she thinks that she needs everything for her party. However she did convince Grandma that she needed a new backpack, and a bucket of new fingernail polish. As soon as we got home Grandma had to paint her toes and fingers. She loves being girly. The boys went to Nasa while we were shopping. I will post some pictures of it in my next post.

Cash and Dad played Go Fish. Cash loves playing card games, Old Maid, GO Fish or anything. Somehow Cash always ends up winning most games, but its not because anyone lets him. He is just that good sometimes.

 The kids love reading with Papa. They are getting too big for both of them to get on his lap, but they are going to try until they dont fit on it. Papa reads to them all the time when we are there visiting. The below pictures describes the weekend, it was pretty layed back. Palin loves flotaing on her back in the pool. She just lays there. Saturday night Toby and I got another night out with out the kids and went to dinner and to the movies! I love getting date nights with free babysitting!