Apr 20, 2008

Flowers, shrubs and more Flowers!

Went to Lowe's on Saturday night and I got a bug to buy some shrubs, and flowers and plant them. Well something that I thought was going to be simple turned out into an all day event today. Above is the picture before we started working in the yard. We got up early this morning and started. My Mother in law was in town and helped so much. Because as most people know I know nothing about flowers or shrubs... luckily she was here to help.
These are my favorite flowers. I found them and fell in love with them. I bought two pots and put them in them. I bought purple ones that you can see in this picture and pink ones for the other side on the porch.

FINALLY!! Here is the finished version! We worked hard all day because we already had grass planted where I wanted to put all the things that you see above. We had to pull all the grass out and replant it else where in the yard... it was a pain! But the final result was worth it.


Our house looks nice and homey (is that a word)?? I love it. I think that I may start to get into this yard and flower thing. Cash played outside ALL day long. He was such a good sport and just played in the dirt with his shovel and had a ball. Thanks for coming to help Lois!



1 comment:

  1. I wondered how in the world you picked out flowers and shrubs...I wouldn't even know where to start. Do you think Lois would come down and help me pick out flowers for my yard?! And maybe give me some pointers on how to keep them alive :) haha :)

    ReplyDelete