Jul 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Today was my birthday and WOW what great day it was!! Let me start at the beginning, about 3 months ago, I decided that it would be fun to have a girls day and I got tickets to a show called Great Day Houston, its talk show that is taped live at the CBS channell 11 studios. Its kinda of like the local Oprah show. The host is Deborah Duncan and she is AWESOME. Well, me and two of my best friends or partners in crime went. Julie Roth and Suzy Tramel we have been friends through middle school, high school, college and now marriage and kids. My day started when I woke up at 5am to meet the girls and there were new sandals and a card from my hubby.


Here we are outside the Channell ll studios this morning, we look like ants but its still a cool picture.


Here we are left to right: Julie, Me and Suzy. We had to get to the studio this morning by 8am, and believe it or not Julie and Suzy trusted me to drive! Anyone that has rode with me knows that they were saying their prayers! We arrived safely at 740am, and were able to take some pictures outside the studio before the show begin taping. Notice all the CBS in the background, it kinda makes the pictures look like a red carpet event. Its probaley as close as we will ever get to one, so we pretended!



Here Suzy and I are in the lobby waiting to be seated for the show. Side note: no one sent the memo to us to let us know that we would be only 3 of 10 white people attending the show today. So we were a little out numbered. But we had a blast. We were probaley about the 50th people to be seated, and they told you where to seat, so by the time that we walked in, we figured that we would be towards that back, well SURPRISE for us, we got sat on the front row in the middle!!! It was perfect! I was so excited.


Here is Deborah Duncan, host of the show, this was take from our FRONT ROW SEATS!!!



Here is the 3 of us at the show, after the taping was over. When the show was over they gave out tickets to the Martina McBride show this weekend! We each got 4 tickets a piece. We were pretty excited about that. The co -host of the show today was also Mary Lou Retton, she was an olympic gold metal winner years ago. After the show was over we headed to The Cheesecake factory for lunch.



Here i am with lots of tropical drinks! Don't they look fun?! They were all quite tasty and the food was yummy! Let's just say there were not weight watchers friendly.


Here we are eating lunch, our waiter was nice enought to take out picture for us.




After the Cheescake factory we were off to do some shopping, and what fun we had! This picture is taken on the waterway outside the Cheesecake factory. Notice Julie's foot kicked back, she is trying to start modeling!


Suzy and I found these super cool sunglasses for the 4th of July that we could just not live without!! NOT! Julie did do some great shopping she even bought a piece of furniture that we had to load in my truck. After all of our shopping was done, we took Suzy to her car and Julie and I headed back to Conroe. When we arrived we did some more shopping at the outlet mall and then it was off to pick Cash up. We met Toby when he got off work he took me shopping and bought new lots of bath and boby works for my bday! Yea! and then met my parents for dinner at Outback (once again not on weight watchers).

Here is the super cool cake that Toby got with a VEGAS theme since I love LAS VEGAS so much!! After dinner my parents came back out to the house with us and we had cake. It was super yummy!


Here is me and my cake before we ate it!


I could not end the blog without a cute picture of Cash eating cake! Cash gave me crayons and coloring books so we can color together! Isn't he cute????


Thank you Suzy and Julie for a GREAT DAY ( ha! At GREAT DAY HOUSTON). I had so much fun with you girls today! Thanks for all the great gifts, I love them all!!

Mom and Dad, thanks for dinner and the sunglasses and bracelet and $$$, I will have fun spending it all!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment